Facility: Bolloré Logistics Belgium is one of the largest logistics companies ranking among top 5 of the European logistics operators. The sphere of activity of Bolloré Logistics Belgium embraces both the transportation of bulky and challenging cargos and the delivery of goods to retail chain stores and shopping malls. To optimize the delivery terms, the company uses the set of warehouses spread over the whole of Europe. The Eocortex solution is used in one of such warehouses.
Number of cameras: 17 IP cameras with ST license
CCTV tasks: CCTV system tasks are based on the particularities of the logistics industry. The video surveillance system must not only record a video stream, but analyze what’s happening in the frame and register the corresponding events. On the warehouse in question, the video surveillance system performs the following:
- Assists in monitoring the site and all the logistics operations;
- Identifies the cause of an abnormality;
- Removes doubts in the event of burglary or theft;
- Detects movement of people and goods;
- Allows to avoid having to make a new inventory after a burglary;
- Permits to grant access remotely (e.g. opening a door using a button in the Client);
- Provides 30-day limited admission;
- Provides a separate (dedicated) network for the cameras (no need to use the existing LAN;
- Allows to log in in via specific user / password combinations.
Solution: Since the tasks to be solved by the CCTV system are wider than just recording of video and viewing archives, the GDW integrator chose the intelligent video surveillance system developed by Eocortex.
Eocortex advantages: One of the main advantages of Eocortex is its video analytics. It significantly relieves the operator since all the important events such as arriving of a truck, beginning of loading, entrance to the territory are registered in the Client. The system informs the operator about the events automatically, giving him time to promptly react to them and prevent any irregularities.
The user-friendly interface makes it easy for the operator to fulfill all the tasks at hand.